[imps] Using Validator.nu in Javascript?

Øyvind Smestad o.smestad at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:52:40 PST 2011

Hello,

Seeing as there is a GWT version of the HTML5 parser available (
http://blog.whatwg.org/html5-live-dom-in-javascript ), I am wondering
if it would be possible to run the HTML5 conformance checking directly
in Javascript?

The reason for wanting to do this is to be able to run validation /
conformance checking of (X)HTML5 client side, for instance as a
browser add-on.
Using the web service interface is of course possible, but I assume
this would cause too much traffic if used directly against the
Validator.nu instance. I have set up a local instance of the service
and that works, but a Javascript only solution would be much easier to
install and use.

Cheers
Øyvind Smestad