[imps] local install on Mac OS X

Michael[tm] Smith mike at w3.org
Mon Nov 5 07:17:29 PST 2012

Krisztian Kovacs <krisztian.kovacs at probability.co.uk>, 2012-10-31 11:08 +0000:

> [...]
> 	at nu.validator.saxtree.TreeBuilder.characters(TreeBuilder.java:99)
> 	at nu.validator.spec.html5.ImageReportAdviceBuilder.characters(ImageReportAdviceBuilder.java:176)
> 	at nu.validator.saxtree.TreeParser.characters(TreeParser.java:114)
> 	at nu.validator.saxtree.Characters.visit(Characters.java:53)
> 	at nu.validator.saxtree.TreeParser.parse(TreeParser.java:89)
> 	at nu.validator.htmlparser.sax.HtmlParser.parse(HtmlParser.java:428)
> 	at nu.validator.spec.html5.ImageReportAdviceBuilder.parseAltAdvice(ImageReportAdviceBuilder.java:72)
> 	at nu.validator.messages.MessageEmitterAdapter.<clinit>(MessageEmitterAdapter.java:253)
> 	... 2 more

Yeah, I ran into the same problem recently myself. I think the cause is
that the wiki.whatwg.org backend was upgraded recently and it caused some
additional markup in the http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Validator.nu_alt_advice
page, which the ImageReportAdviceBuilder class tries to read. And the code
in that class is kind of fragile.

Anyway, I just checked in a fix for it today. So please re-run
"build/build.py all" and it should cause the fix to be pulled into your
local validator clone and you'll be able to build without that error.

But if you still have any problem building, let me know.

  --Mike