[imps] Static xhtml5 analysis with validator.nu

Javier Pavón Cabrera javier.pavon at scytl.com
Tue Jan 15 04:08:42 PST 2013

At our company we are trying check files for html5 polyglot conformance,
and after researching we found out the only open source implementation
in java that does this is validator.nu. We intend to use the
validator.nu to validate a local html5 file, and possibly later wrapping
it inside a maven plugin

The first impression at high level is we can initialize the validator in
some way, then call the validator passing our html5 file and the output
would be a list of errors found in some format.

But, after trying this for some hours it is not clear if this is
possible, since it seems the validation process is very coupled to a
servlet (and request, response). So my question is: do you think it is
reasonable to try to use validator.nu in this way? And if so, could you
please give some indications on how to achieve it?

Best regards,

--
Javier Pavón Cabrera
Software Engineer
e-mail: javier.pavon at scytl.com
Phone: + 34 934 230 324
Fax:   + 34 933 251 028
http://www.scytl.com

NOTICE: The information in this e-mail and in any of its attachments is confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or retaining of this message or any part of it, without the prior written consent of Scytl Secure Electronic Voting, SA is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.