[imps] differing results from our validator.nu instance and validator.w3.org's

Michael[tm] Smith mike at w3.org
Sun Sep 28 06:29:01 PDT 2014

Rancid Iodine <rancid.iodine at gmail.com>, 2014-09-18 17:59 +0100:

> Hi Michael and everyone else on the list.
>
> I was wondering why we have different results again on our validator.nu
> instances from that found on http://validator.w3.org . Last time it turned
> out the startup flags had changed on the build.py ... we are using the
> following still:
>
> python ./build/build.py --follow-w3c-spec
> --presets-file="nu-validator-site/presets.txt" all &
>
> This is a summary of the extra errors we are not expecting:
>

>    1. [image: Error] *Line 1, Column 456*: Bad value viewport for attribute
>    name on element meta: Keyword viewport is not registered.

I think that may have been due to the whatwg wiki having been switched over
to TLS-only recently, and I had not updated a script I wrote that generates
https://help.whatwg.org/extensions/meta-name/ to take the switch into account.

But I have now done that and everything should be back to normal. If not,
let me know.

  --Mike