[imps] data-* vs x-vendor-* attributes

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sun Feb 28 14:43:51 PST 2016

An "authoring tool" is something made by a vendor. Something that is
"specific to a given authoring tool" is by definition "vendor data".

If you want an option to output non-compliant data that is obviously your
choice, but by definition then your tool would be non-conforming in that
configuration.

HTH.