[whatwg] Form submission

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Mon Aug 2 15:01:58 PDT 2004

A few questions concerning form submission:

If the method DELETE is used, should the form still be validated? I
would guess that validation etc. (steps 2-5 in section 5) should be
skipped.

Does the "replace" attribute apply when PUT or DELETE is used? As far as
I understand HTTP, I think PUT and DELETE may return a 200 OK response,
where the body just say something like "the ressource was deleted".
Would it make sense to replace the document with this response, or
should the UA just ignore the replace attribute when using POST og
DELETE? If not, it might be useful to have an "ignore" value for the
replace attribute.

Olav Junker Kjær