[whatwg] LABEL and radio/checkbox onclick

Chris Kaminski chris at setmajer.com
Tue Aug 3 11:29:42 PDT 2004

At the risk of re-igniting an already overlong thread...

>     This it just the nervous click plus enter key scenario
> again, and you have yet to produce a single individual this
> has actually happened to.

My S.O. She's done this. More than once.

She's a bit high-strung, and releases nervous energy by swirling the mouse
around in circles on the desk while she thinks. From time to time, she
clicks the button accidentally. It doesn't happen often, but it happens, and
occasionally I'm called over to 'fix' her 'broken' computer because she
clicked somewhere without realising it, sometimes with disastrous effect.

Sadly, she's not terribly anxious to have her name, age, social security
number, national insurance number, passport number, weight, height, address,
handy number and land line posted to a public list. So you're just going to
have to trust me on this one. Or not.

As well, that's only one user. Even if there are millions like her, I don't
know as focus-passing labels are particularly detrimental to her (she clicks
buttons, fields, sliders, etc. accidentally from time to time too).

But bottom-line, this 'hypothetical user' you keep dismissing really does
exist, so you can take one point of contention off the table, at least.

ck