[whatwg] [web-apps] Some comments

Anne van Kesteren fora at annevankesteren.nl
Wed Aug 4 06:43:29 PDT 2004

Some comments on the 4th of August draft:

  <http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/>

2.1. Tutorial

The only problem I have with this is that mixing inline, A, and block
level, MENU, elements looks a bit wrong. I don't really have suggestions
yet on how to change this, but I think it is worth looking into.

2.2.2.1. Using the a element to define a command

# An a element with an appropriate href attribute that points to a menu
# element in the same file can be used to open a menu.

'open a menu' should point to '#menu-links', not '#menu-link'.

2.2.2.2. Using the a element with the command attribute

It should be more clear that ':link' and ':visited' are from CSS.

2.2.5.1. Using the command element to define a command

The attribute TYPE should be renamed. TYPE should only be used for media
types (MIME types), like |type="text/css"|.

2.3.1. The menu element

Why not use NL from XHTML 2.0? Because MENU existed in some older
version of HTML and NL doesn't work as expected (the same)?

2.3.2.1. Displaying menu bars inline

# xh|menubar > xh|a[href], xh|menubar > xh|li > xh|a[href] { ... }

Why not use ':link' and ':visited'. It is longer, but probably more
appropriate. (In Mozilla and maybe other browsers things like
':-moz-any-link' can be used.)

(I might have missed a few things and probably more things need to be
addressed, but this was what I spotted after a quick review.)

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>