[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Max Romantschuk max at provico.fi
Thu Aug 19 03:49:48 PDT 2004

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Market share? Internet Explorer has about 90%. They have mentioned in
> public that there new browser version will arrive when Longhorn is there
> and will only be available for those who use Longhorn.

This is highly unlikely. With the hardware requirements of Longhorn many
people will stick to XP/2000. A great deal of these people will switch
to Firefox/Opera/etc. unless IE is updated (feature-wise) eventually.

There will almost certainly be a new version of IE on XP/2000 as well.
Actually, according to some rumors this has already been decided.
Frankly I just don't believe Microsoft would shoot themselves in the
foot with this one. The risk of losing market share is just too great.

.max

--
Max Romantschuk
http://max.nma.fi/