[whatwg] Seperation of Content and Interface

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Aug 19 06:39:40 PDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

> > The difference of course is that WF2 is implementable in IE, whereas
> > XHTML fundamentally isn't.
>
> Of course XHTML is, IE6 is the best XHTML browser IMO, it renders it far
> better than the others, it's incremental, it's fast, the only problem is
> you have to jump through hoops to make it even do it (although I've got
> a feeling it's not even possible in the current releases.)

Wow.

I have printed this and framed it.

(Just to clarify, I was referring to non-Microsoft authors implementing
XHTML in IE6, not in Microsoft implementing it in hypothetical future
versions of IE. It is obviously possible to implement anything at that
level, it would be silly to assume that I was implying that it wasn't.)