[whatwg] Recent Website Changes...

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Sun Aug 22 14:42:10 PDT 2004

On 23 Aug, 2004, at 8:56 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>> I switched to a font with a more square question mark dot (and I
>> think the question mark in general looks better too), and I've also
>> changed the color as you requested. The image is 256x256, so it's
>> easily resizable.
>
> Just nitpicking here, but the square dot doesn't fit exactly under it.
> It seems to be a bit too wide.

The same applies to almost all sans-serifs, not just the Arial used
here. It's an optical illusion designed for small sizes that doesn't
work so well at large sizes. You could use Lucida Grande Bold (which
doesn't have this problem, but also has a less circular shoulder), but
otherwise, it's Photoshopping time.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/