[whatwg] xul

Dan Brickley danbri at w3.org
Thu Aug 26 04:12:01 PDT 2004

* Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> [2004-08-25 23:36+0000]
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Dan Brickley wrote:
> >
> > You might also note that: Mozilla's XUL Template mechanism is based
> > around matching against RDF graph structures, and that work is currently
> > under-way within W3C to standardize an RDF graph query language. The RDF
> > Data Access Working Group (aka "DAWG" :) is the home for this work, and
> > interested parties may want to follow their efforts (WG mailing list is
> > publically readable) and consider reviewing their documents. In
> > particular, two editions of a "Use Cases and Requirements" document have
> > been published already.
>
> I'm not really sure how any of that is particularly relevant to the Web
> Apps 1.0 draft, though.

Someone previously in the thread asked that 'relationship to Mozilla
XUL' be articulated. And since it just so happens that W3C has gone
standards-track with a chunk of technology broadly equivalent to XUL
Templates, I thought this might be considered relevant. BTW there is also work
around that shows the results of DAWG RDF queries being consumed with
XSLT (http://www.asemantics.com/rdflets/ and nearby) which perhaps addresses
some concerns I've heard about XUL Templates duplicating XSLT
functionality.

So really I just popped up to mention this 'cos "relationship to Mozilla
XUL" appeared to be on-topic. I'm sure you'll let me know if it isn't.

Dan