[whatwg] Re: LABEL and radio/checkbox onclick

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:52:27 PDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:30:08 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Malcolm Rowe wrote:
> True. But plugins aren't going to work reliably across platforms anyway,
> so aren't a real solution to anything here.

No single thing works reliably across platforms, so I hardly think
that's a relevant issue, (it doesn't matter that the same plugin can't
be used across different platforms, just like it doesn't matter that
Safari can't be used on a Symbian 60 OS)

> I don't think the NPAPI currently supports that. But if it did, it could
> just as easily have a way of saying "handle labels that point to me like
> this".

Surely for future work it is not the NPAPI that matters but the new
one: http://www.mozilla.org/press/mozilla-2004-06-30.html

Jim.