[whatwg] Re: BNF documentation for validated input types

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Mon Aug 30 04:27:06 PDT 2004

Brian Wilson wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the following are correct for the time-related types.
> I'm  not sure what the exact regexps would be for email and uri though,
> and the  number/range ones will require some interesting expressions too:

number/range:

BTW I agree that it is a good thing with very clear specification of
these types, since this is really a protocol issue. It seems that the
prose description in the spec is clear and strict enough, though, and
more readable than BNF or regex-syntax.

Perhaps regex versions could be in a non-normative appendix. Especially
correct regexes for email and uri would be appreciated :-)

Olav Junker Kjær