[whatwg] Any way to submit only those parts of a form that havechanged?

Ben Meadowcroft ben at benmeadowcroft.com
Sat Dec 11 18:11:51 PST 2004

Sometimes it's just nice to know!

Seriously though I recently had to frig this by adding hidden form
elements using Javascript to the form on an onchange handler indicating
when a field had been changed so you don't have to do lookups on the
backend data first to decide if there has been a change or not. You can
then dynamically construct an update statement (in SQL say) that only
updates those fields that have changed (Which might be important if
updating certain fields could lead to lots of potentially expensive
trigger knock ons in the database).

--
Ben Meadowcroft
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/