[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Dec 3 13:40:02 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Derek Featherstone wrote:

> Others may disagree, but I still think we'd be better off without
> accesskey and reinvent a mechanism that puts the ultimate power in the
> hands of the users that need them, but still provides for author defined
> "suggested" list of access points with keystrokes...

Well, wouldn't the access points simply be every control on the page? Or
do you mean there should be a way for authors to specify which access
points are critical to the use of the page? I'm still not convinced that
users would ever really use a feature that provided them with a list of
access points and the option to assign keys to them.