[whatwg] The type mismatch validity flag

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Wed Dec 8 01:09:59 PST 2004

Brian Wilson wrote:
 > This would seem to indicate that a type mismatch validity flag
 > condition can only be triggered by *manual* widget input.
 > It does make several of my automated test cases unusable though. Drat.

You could set the value through script and validate() afterwards, you
can do that automatically.

But that raises an interesting point: If an invalid value is sat through
script, should the value be displayed or ignored? With some widgets,
like a slider, there is no way to display invalid values, so it would
have to be ignored (and the value reset).

Maybe this should be implementation dependent, since the range of
invalid values which is displayable depends on the widget.

Olav Junker Kjær