[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

Matthew Raymond mattraymond at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 07:20:29 PST 2004

Petrazickis wrote:
> Can we petition keyboard/OS vendors for a new modifier key?

    I've thought the same thing a number of times. I've seen keyboards
with browser-specific keys already. Would it really be asking them too
much to put a key called "accesskey" or "acc" on a keyboard? Similarly,
would it be asking too much for the ability to map your extra mouse
buttons for use with HTML context menus? I'm kinda sick about hearing
that the interface hardware is the limiting factor in an age where it's
possible to create touchscreen-style keyboards like on Star Trek: The
Next Generation.