[whatwg] Some questions to WF2

Olav Junker Kjær olav at olav.dk
Thu Dec 9 15:12:40 PST 2004

Ian Hickson wrote:
>>I think it is confusing that elements which dont support validation
>>exposes e.g. the setCustomValidity() method. I would prefer a flag
>>isValidateable or something like that, which could be checked before
>>accessing the validation interface.
>
> That just seems awkward, though. Is it really that confusing?

I dunno, maybe not. I imagine it would be confusing if it was possible
to call setCustomValidity() on an output element, but it just didn't
have any effect. It wouldn't be unreasonable for an author to expect
this to actually work.
But if it just raised an exception ("control does not support
validation") there probably wouldn't be a problem.

Olav Junker Kjær