[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 patterns...

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:06:49 PST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:25:47 +0000, Steve Webster
<steve at dynamicflash.co.uk> wrote:
> Firstly, this is my first post to this list and I'm not sure if I'm
> violating any kind of list etiquette by just posting straight out.

Well, this was discussed before, but I doubt anyone is really going to
expect 1980's usenet obligations on this list, especially as it's
explicitly calling for comments.  Welcome.

> I'm just a meager web developer, so I'm not even sure that I have any right
> to be commenting on this specification,

No, you're one of the best people to comment, there are too many
browser developers and standards wonks producing specifications that
they think meager web developers want, it's much better if it comes
direct from the horses mouth as it were.

> I'm concerned about the implicit start-of- and end-of-string anchors
> that are to be applied to a pattern.

I fully agree, consistency with javascript authors expectations would
be best here, you might want to see if you can turn up the previous
discussion though.

Cheers,

Jim.