[whatwg] connecting usernames and passwords

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu Dec 16 14:50:04 PST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Why not allow a 'for' attribute on password fields that allows the webmaster
> to logically connect a password field with a username.

Interesting idea. I've noted it for Web Forms 3.

It may be that this will get examined in more detail for Web Apps 1 as
well, since there has been discussion about how to allow forms to be used
to do HTTP auth, so that HTTP auth can be used without requiring the UA to
provide its own UI for authentication.