[whatwg] <output> and onforminput

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 01:10:48 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:42:04 +0200, Christian Schmidt
<whatwg.org at chsc.dk> wrote:
> Jim Ley wrote:
> > With UTC we have the server relying on something it cannot know - the
> > accuracy of the users clock and settings
>
> I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it is possible to
> detect most inaccuracies with a combination of client and server side code.

So you break all caching, you ensure that WF2 forms have to be
submitted in the same "session" as they are downloaded (I can't
download a form last week, and submit it today, as my clock's likely
to have changed)  and you can't deliver forms by email, from CD etc.
for submission to the web.

It certainly seems an awful lot of work when I failed to see anyone
have a problem with this on the web today.

Jim.