[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

Jason Lustig jasonlustig at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 4 16:14:10 PDT 2004

Jim Ley wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:02:36 -0400, Matthew Raymond
> <mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>   Personally, I'm beginning to think we shouldn't worry about IE. We
>>could just tell everyone running IE with Javascript disabled that if
>>they want to use Web Apps 1.0, they either need JS turned on or they
>>need to get a standards compliant browser.
>

> Your audience for WF-2 is not IE users, it's web form authors, they're
> the people you have to provide something new, they demand IE
> compatibility, indeed most couldn't care about anything other than IE.

That's not true. Perhaps WF-2 authors writings apps for the general
internet will "demand" IE compatibility, however the VAST majority of
web apps written, just like the vast majority of software written, is
in-house software written for business' intranets. In those cases, which
as I said is the vast majority of web apps written, they CAN demand that
users (i.e. employees at the company) use a compliant browser - i.e.,
not IE (pun not intended :D).

Jason