[whatwg] some issues

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Jul 7 08:17:37 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:

> The current proposals do not apply to XHTML Basic, therefore we cannot
> serve our WF2 documents to XHTML Basic UA's. a Mobile Profile of WF2
> won't change this for the legacy clients, as they cannot be upgraded.

The current proposals do not apply to HTML4 any more than they apply to
XHTML Basic, therefore we cannot serve our WF2 documents to HTML4 UAs any
more than to XHTML Basic UA's. The new spec, just like a new Mobile
Profile of WF2, won't change this for the legacy clients that aren't
upgraded either.

This is why we have been talking about graceful degradation.