[whatwg] Combo Boxs, once again...

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Wed Jul 7 08:27:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Matthew Raymond wrote:

> ...and scripting that is "ignored" is not executed.

That's actually quite hard to define. (e.g. what happens if you create a
<script> block dynamically, and insert it into an <ignore> element? What
if you then move it to another element? What if you insert it in a <div>,
then move it to an <ignore>, then back again? And so forth.)

I'd really like to avoid adding anything to any of our specs that requires
all the content to be "ignored". There are lots of things that make it
hard to define exactly how that should work.