[whatwg] some issues

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 12:17:48 PDT 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 18:58:08 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> CSS extensions won't be done via WHATWG
> (although I'm sure we'll be proposing plenty of extensions originally
> conceived of in this list, in the W3C CSS working group).

So, as has been proposed, things like specific CSS properties for
styling date pickers, will be raised in the W3C CSS WG ?

That doesn't really seem to be within the charter of the CSS WG,
although I suppose that can be taken in hand with the (hopefully)
renewal next month.

> Also, Web Forms 2 doesn't change HTML, it merely extends it

So there'll be no changes to the SGML declaration, and we'll still get
to use SHORTTAG and stuff?

However, your argument about changing XHTML also falls down, in that
it's XHTML which requires complete failure and no rendering in
response to XML WF's errors - since SVG recovers much more gracefully
from XML WF errors.   So you wouldn't be changing XML, just XHTML,
something you're already doing.

Jim.