[whatwg] Re: some issues

Malcolm Rowe malcolm-what at farside.org.uk
Sun Jul 11 06:14:48 PDT 2004

Replying to myself:

> Now, this situation ('styling of
> form controls is not defined') clearly isn't ideal, and it's
> well-understood that it should be defined, but the WF2 spec isn't the
> right place. I think that Ian commented on where the right place was,
> though I can't remember what he said (I think it was either one of the
> other two WHATWG specs, or as part of the W3C CSS WG).

It's the W3C CSS working group:

"Styling form controls

The CSS working group is expected to develop a language designed, amongst
other things, for the advanced styling of form controls. In the meantime,
technologies such as [HTC] and [XBL] can be used as guides for what is
expected."
 -- whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#styling

Regards,
Malcolm