[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 methods and enctypes

Ben Meadowcroft ben at benmeadowcroft.com
Sun Jul 11 13:20:56 PDT 2004

Transforming WF2 data to atom would be a mapping that would be best
defined by the form author surely? Perhaps one way to do this would be to
allow a form submitting x-www-form-xml encoded data to be transformed
using XSLT on the data, this could be done on the server or it could be
done on the client, e.g.

<form
	action="http://example.com/atom.endpoint"
      enctype="application/x-www-form+xml"
	target-enctype="application/atom+xml"
	transformation="http://example.com/atom.transform.wf2"
      method="post">

This would then provide an extensible mechanism for advanced uses of XML
submission in a variety of domain specific XML languages such as atom.

--
Ben Meadowcroft
http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/