[whatwg] Doctype FPI

fantasai fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net
Tue Jul 13 06:36:06 PDT 2004

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, fantasai wrote:
>
>>Several options:
>>
>>   "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML4 + WF2//EN"
>>   "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML4 + Web Forms 2.0//EN"
>>   "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML4 with Web Forms 2.0//EN"
>>   other
>

> How about:
>
>    "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML5-pre1//EN"
>
> ...? Especially as we go through several revisions, it'll be helpful for
> people to be able to say exactly which DTD they are validating against.

I like that idea, and I'll keep revisions like that.
But I'd rather use "HTML4+WF2" for all the variations
on that combination because it's clear that it only
contains HTML4 and WF2, not whatever else we're adding
later. Once the DTD drafts start containing all the
modules we want for HTML5, then I'll start marking
them HTML5 pre.

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact