[whatwg] Doctype FPI

fantasai fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net
Wed Jul 14 11:35:11 PDT 2004

Dave Hodder wrote:

>   * I think there should be a space between "HTML" and its version
>     number.
>   * I don't think there's any point extending HTML 4.0, that was
>     superceded by HTML 4.01.

That's why I dropped the decimals altogether. :)

>   * I believe it'd be more in keeping with other FPIs if we used "plus"
>     rather than "+" or "with".

The other FPIs are combining two independent packages, so to speak.
Web Forms extends HTML4, though, it doesn't just add on a new module.
That's why I'd choose "with" over "plus" for that combination.

I think I'm deciding on

   "-//WHATWG//DTD HTML 5.0 Core + Web Forms//EN"

(with revision markers as appropriate). Assuming Hixie doesn't object. :)

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact