[whatwg] type="datetime" demo

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:44:01 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:28:40 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> > Indeed, you can even see it in the example - using IE6 ... then return
> > to the previous page using the back button, and it says this:
> >
> > First date and time:  Format: 15/7/4
>
> Oops. Fixed.

Not really, as you now do not have a generic fixable script, as your
script now has to define the format used.

It doesn't work with scripting disabled when you enter "15/7/4" and
then use the back button after submission, no hint is available to the
user, even though that is essential to me being able to submit the
form.

Also could you point me to the parts of the code where input
type=datetime is checked for support?  Maybe I'm missing something,
but I can't see that anywhere.

Rather than producing examples that work when scripting is enabled on
IE6, can we start seeing examples that work on NetFront or IE6 with
scripting disabled.  IE6 + scripting doesn't have a problem with
entering datetimes, it's a piece of cake, it's so scriptable you can
do anything.

Jim.