[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 03:47:08 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:55:57 +0200, Erik Arvidsson <erik at eae.net> wrote:
> Behaviors do not require trusted ActiveX permissions. Even if you
> disable ActiveX in IE behaviors will work.

In XP SP2 you've got a distinct entry to disable behaviors.

You're right for local behaviors (hosted on the same domain) but for
remote behaviors AIUI you need the ActiveX setting.  I was imagining
the WF2 behaviors would need to be remote ones, otherwise you've got
an awful management situation, and the caching benefits much mooted go
straight out the window.

Cheers,

Jim.