[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

James Graham jg307 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 10:42:57 PDT 2004

Jim Ley wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:25:29 -0400, Matthew Raymond
> <mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Jim Ley wrote:
>

>>   Considering you don't seem to be suggesting a better way to create
>>an emulation layer on IE,
>

> The alternative is simply not to use HTC's but straight script, it has
> a number of advantages:

As I understand it, the requirement that is actually set in stone is
that the IE support not require a binary plugin. Therefore, in cases
where straight script will do, I see no reason not to use straight
script. On the other hand, I would expect HTCs or other IE-specific
technologies to be used in cases where straight script did not provide
the necessary functionality for the emulation layer.

Of course I might be wrong and there might be excellent arguments for
using HTCs everywhere which I'm not familiar with.

--
"If anybody ever tells you that you’re using the language incorrectly,
just yell 'prescriptive grammarian!' at the top of your voice and all