[whatwg] Accesskey in Web Forms 2

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:04:14 PDT 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:14:30 +0300, Kai Hendry <hendry at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> 1) Users can not easily tell what the accesskeys are.

Their UA should do a better job of informing them.

> 2) Accesskeys can conflict with the UA binds.

Their UA should do a better job of picking a key combination to
activate them that doesn't interfere with their default UA binds.

There's lots of possible modifier keys available to a UA - why override ALT.

Yes AccessKey isn't that well specified, but I think it can be fixed
rather than completely removed.

> In the short term the disadvantages could be a lack of usability in some
> web applications.

but what about the long term?

Jim.