[whatwg] about rich internat applications

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Jun 8 02:04:29 PDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Dean Edwards wrote:

> i'm kind of interested in what technologies will be involved, timescales
> etc. there isn't much information on the web site apart from the spec.
> is it too early for this kind of discussion?

Timescales:

   Web Forms: we'll probably publish a snapshot of this spec as a
   call-for-comments shortly.

   Web Apps: I'll be going through the ideas given so far on this and
   integrating them into a draft proposal. Once this has reached a semi-
   stable stage, we'll do a call-for-comments and start addressing
   specific concerns.

   Web Controls: This probably won't be worked on until Web Apps has
   reached a stage similar to Web Forms today.

   Other specs: no work has yet been considered.

Not really sure what you mean by what technologies will be involved. The
above three specs are basically HTML (or XHTML), DOM and CSS -based, with
some use of XML and HTTP and other core technologies as appropriate.