[whatwg] Loading custom XML UI definitions from an external file

Simon Willison swillison at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 09:23:38 PDT 2004

> Why not just use HTML directly, adding the features that you need to the
> HTML language?

I'm definitely missing something here. How do you go about doing this
while still having a document that's technically HTML 4? Are you
talking about adding brand new tags and attributes, then accessing
them via the DOM and using JavaScript to cause them to behave in the
way they are meant to?

I'm assuming that the intention is backwards compatibility with
current browsers. I may well have missed something big (I only just
subscribed to the list) so please point me in the right direction if I
need to catch up.

Cheers,

Simon