[whatwg] Menu controls

Jose Dinuncio jdinunci at uc.edu.ve
Thu Jun 10 06:10:40 PDT 2004

El mié, 09-06-2004 a las 17:39, Matthew Thomas escribió:

> Is this application supposed to appear inside a browser window? If so,
> the above won't make sense on those platforms where there is only one
> menu bar shown at a time (e.g. Mac OS X, KDE with "Current
> application's menu bar on the top of the screen" checked, and
> OpenStep), because the menu bar already contains the browser's menus.
> And even on those platforms where nested menu bars are possible, they
> would still be extremely error-prone -- people wanting to choose
> something from your app's "File" menu would often go to the browser's
> "File" menu by mistake.

My idea is to show it outside the browser. In this case, none of the
problems described are present. But even if the were to be showed inside
the browser, there are still posibilities. In enviroments which don't
support multiple menu bars, the web app menu bar can become a menu entry
of the browser menu bar...

--
Jose Dinuncio <jdinunci at uc.edu.ve>
Universidad de Carabobo