[whatwg] repetition model

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:43:32 PDT 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:26:17 +0000, Peter-Paul Koch
<gassinaumasis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It causes an error only in Opera, but only Mozilla actually inserts the
> element. IE and Safari don't do anything.

Er, which IE?

javascript:document.body.appendChild(document.createElement('repeat'));a="<xmp>"+document.documentElement.innerHTML+"</xmp>"

shows the repeat elements to me.

> or whatever. This way it's accessible to W3C DOM scripts, which bear the
> brunt of repeating anyway until native support for Web Forms is reached.

Seen as (by how I read the process) the spec cannot reach a mature
stable level until there are native implementations, why should we
bother with this restriction?  Why not do it properly rather than have
a half assed load of methods duplicating nothing that isn't already
done in script - no-one will be able to use the specification in a
commercial environment until the spec is mature, why not leave the
proof of concept scripting to be done on a good useful specification?

Jim.