[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 - Comments on sections 1 and 2

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 14 23:07:18 PDT 2004

On 15 Jun, 2004, at 6:15 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:

>>> The problem is, which control do you put it on?
>>
>> any?
>
> Ok so what's the processing model? Which control gets the invalid
> event? Which control is marked as having non-zero validity?

I would like UAs to just make it impossible for none of the radio
buttons in a set to be chosen. "Exactly one radio button should be set
in the group at all times"
<http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/
controls.html#controls-radio-buttons>. If the author doesn't specify
which one should be chosen initially, the browser should pre-select the
first one, just as it does for SELECT elements
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#h-17.6.1>.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/