[whatwg] Something for the end-user??

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Sat Jun 19 21:35:21 PDT 2004

On 20 Jun, 2004, at 12:28 PM, Doron Rosenberg wrote:

> I can play devil's advocate and use mapquest - it wants to display 1.2
> miles, not 1,2 miles.

Nonsense. MapQuest have just hard-coded it that way (even when my
browser language is set to French and I'm asking for driving directions
from Paris to Lyon) because doing the right thing is too much bother.

> Granted a edge case, but I think offering a more powerfull solution
> might make sense.

If Web Forms 2.0 makes doing the right thing easier, that'll be a fine
thing. But there's no point in making doing the wrong thing easier,
because that still wouldn't be as easy as hard-coding the format
without using WF2 at all.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/