Transition from Legacy to Native rendering - (was Re: [whatwg] repetition model)

Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen hallvors at online.no
Wed Jun 23 12:34:17 PDT 2004

On 21 Jun 2004 at 14:16, Ian Hickson wrote:

> I don't really know what a good solution is. hasFeature() doesn't really
> work; since it is highly likely that WF2 will be implemented piecemeal,
> like all other specs. (I have put a hasFeature string into the spec, but I
> don't think it is enough.)
>
> I'm open to suggestions.

Would be best to make good use of hasFeature rather than resort to
hacks or plain UA name sniffing.

One could "modularise" the WF2 spec somewhat, and specify minor
version numbers for the various bits? Call the extra INPUT type
elements and the validation events 2.01, the repeat model 2.02 etc..

Or perhaps make a little hack for the name..
document.implementation.hasFeature('WebForms+repetition', '2.0')
anyone?

--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
hallvors at online.no / www.hallvord.com