[whatwg] repetition model

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 01:38:35 PDT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:24:29 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> >>
> >> The text/html MIME type RFC only allows XHTML that is "compatible" with
> >> HTML4 to be used. Which basically means XHTML1 Appendix C. None of
> >> which includes XForms in any way.
> >
> > yes, what does XHTML have do to with having namespaces in HTML
> > documents?  text/html also allows anything that is tag soup.
>
> XForms is not tag soup, though.

It's just as much tag-soup as XHTML or WF2 (when sent as text/html)
IE supports "namespaces" in HTML, it not only supports them, it
documents how to use them.

> > As you've been repeatedly ignoring my comments
>
> Don't worry, I will be dealing with all comments in due course.

Remember to catch all the comments, you've missed parts of them, maybe
you could get some of the other WG members to respond, they don't seem
to be participating much, and I thought one of the motivations for
doing this as 7 random blokes was for speed?

> currently have about 98 outstanding comments to deal with, many of which
> are yours. I've been going through them in chronological order. I believe
> I'm currently dealing with comments from last Tuesday or so.

And the ones you missed from before then?  (answering only half a posting)

Jim.