Transition from Legacy to Native rendering - (was Re: [whatwg] repetition model)

Malcolm Rowe malcolm-what at farside.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 11:52:09 PDT 2004

Ian Hickson writes:
> Let's get back to basics. What exactly are the use cases for needing to
> know if the UA supports an aspect of WF2?

"Should I deliver this attachment page in a form that uses the replication
model or in a form that provides an explicit 'Add' button with server-side
postback?"

"Should I provide an input-box with an explcit JS popup calendar control, or
should I just use 'type=date'?"

"Can I rely on pattern=... to perform client-side validation, or do I need
to use client-side JavaScript?"

Admittedly, you might be able to do *both* for some of these, but some (the
second one, particularly) would benefit from a means to detect WF2 support.

Regards,
Malcolm