[whatwg] Re: Suggestion for Menus in Web Forms 2.0

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Jun 25 05:29:21 PDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Malcolm Rowe wrote:
> Jim Ley writes:
>>
>> server-side processing of the form perhaps, but mandating a server and
>> HTTP for WF2 forms is I think inappropriate, not all HTML usage has a
>> server for navigation.
>
> But not this bit. What on earth are you going on about?

Yeah, I was confused by that too. In any case, WF2 doesn't, to my
knowledge, actually require support for HTTP (unlike, say, XForms, which
actually does). Could you point to the relevant part? I'd like to fix that
if I did indeed add text that requires such support.

In fact the spec specifically says:

# User agents may implement whichever URI schemes are required for their
# particular application. This specification does not specify a required
# core set of protocols that must be implemented.