[whatwg] several mail addresses in input type email?

Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen hallvors at online.no
Fri Jun 25 14:06:58 PDT 2004

On 25 Jun 2004 at 21:16, Anne van Kesteren (fora) wrote:

> > Sometimes (and maybe more often than not, e.g. webmail!) one would
> > want to allow a list of E-mail addresses rather than only one in an
> > INPUT type="email".

> This is basically being discussed for "select editable", but no solution
> has been found that suits all needs,

Anne,
I don't quite agree that it is the same issue. The problem I wanted
to highlight was: if I want users to be able to input more than one
mail address in a field, it seems I can not use the email type
(loosing potential UA cleverness like offering users address book
entries) because this will only validate a single mail address. The
only way around that may be recursing to JavaScript for validation (I
haven't read the bits about custom validation interacting with native
validation but I assume there is a way the former can overrule the
latter.)
As multiple input is used in every webmail application it is so
common we should consider the validation problem IMO..
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
hallvors at online.no / www.hallvord.com