[whatwg] Quick thought on the Combo Box problem...

voracity subs at voracity.org
Tue Jun 29 17:44:18 PDT 2004

Matthew Raymond wrote:
> Sample Code:

>   <form>
>     <input type="text" id="combotext" name="combotext" />
>     <combo for="combotext">
>       <comboitem value="Item 1" />
>       <comboitem value="Item 2" />
>       <comboitem value="Item 3" />
>     </combo>
>     <script language="ECMAScript" src="nonWF2_dropdown.js"></script>
>   </form>

If the autocomplete case is the only one that will be implemented, then I like
this solution best (but not with the tag name 'combo'). The only change I'd
suggest is to remove the 'for' attribute from combo, and put a 'suggest'
attribute in the input. That way multiple input's can make use of the same list
of suggestions.

That is:

      <input type="text" name="combotext" suggest="somedata"/>
      <input type="text" name="anothercombotext" suggest="somedata"/>
      <combo id="somedata">