[whatwg] Comments on the XMLHttpRequest::setRequestHeader spec
cbiesinger at web.de
Wed Nov 10 14:07:02 PST 2004
following comments are about
Note: This list was assembled from a list of headers Mozilla sends
during a normal page load request.
- This Spec does not allow sending a User-Agent header, is that intended?
- it implies that the request does not contain a referrer (though that
may be the intention)
Then, two content-negotiation issues:
- it prohibits sending Accept-Language
- it also prohibits sending Accept:
Since Accept-Charset and Accept-Encoding are allowed (and in fact are
not overridable), why aren't these two allowed?
Some cache headers:
- While it allows If-Modified-Since, it does not allow sending
If-None-Match! (i.e. validation via ETag)
- It also does not allow sending a Keep-Alive header
- It does not allow a networking library who might have cached parts of
the data to send a Range: and If-Range: header to complete the cached
data, handing the requesting script still all of the data
These last three seem like implementation details to me... (i.e they
should be allowed, in my opinion)
More information about the whatwg