[whatwg] [web-apps] Some comments

Jim Ley jim.ley at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 04:44:49 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:17:10 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Jim Ley wrote:
> > Could you please explain how you arrived at this conclusion?  It's not
> > supported by HTML or WCAG specifications.
>
> On
> the other hand, content which is key to the application -- such as the
> logic behind a calculator -- clearly can't be optional.

The logic behind a javascript calculator is predicated on the choice
of javascript - a calculator does not need to use javascript, you're
presupposing a technology, just as I am pre-supposing a technology in
my "CSS Map" - the applications in each case is "calculator" and "map"
neither rely on javascript or CSS, yet by your argument the calculator
is allowed, yet the map is not.  You've not explained what is
different about the two technologies.

Jim.