[whatwg] XPointer

Brad Neuberg bradneuberg at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 12:31:23 PST 2004

I would love XPointer support; it would make
commenting on arbitrary portions of pages much easier.
 I can see how XPointer would be problamatic on
non-well formed HTML pages, though.  What if we
simplified it and said that XPointer would only be
supported on XHTML pages?  That would drastically
simplify things; you simply couldn't use XPointer
unless it was an XHTML page.  Better to have it in a
simple case than try to define an HTML Pointer which
might get _very_ nasty.

Brad