[whatwg] overflow:auto in tbody

Markus Fischer markus at fischer.name
Sun Nov 14 10:36:40 PST 2004

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2004, at 21:38, Markus Fischer wrote:
>
>> Henri Sivonen wrote:

>>> Yes.
>>

>> Isn't this very limiting?
>

> On the contrary, instead of limiting the user to use a table-specific
> scrollbar, the user can use whatever method he/she is used to using
> when scrolling Web pages (main scrollbar, keyboard, mouse wheel, voice
> recognition, etc.).
>
>> There are certainly problems with multiple such tables inside one
>> document.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Or I do not fully understand what you mean.

When I've multiple tables in one document, where multiple tables should have fixed thead & tfoot, then I would start scrolling multiple tables with the same scrollbar (the viewport scrollbar).

This is what I interpret from you.

- Markus